2014 was a great year for Scouting in the Trapper Trails Council. We achieved so many milestones and know that much of our success is due to the strength of our outstanding units, the relationships we have with our chartered partners, and the quality of the programs and trainings being delivered at each event and activity. Here is a small list of our highlights from 2014!
- Gold Level Journey to Excellence Council.
- Now serving more than 50,400 Scouts in our traditional Scouting programs, growing more than 2.5% over 2013.
- Added 51 new Scouting units – 18 of which are community based.
- Added new program features to many of our great camps, including new climbing walls at Camp Bartlett and Hull Valley Scout Reservation, and the first ever STEM Week at Camp New Fork. Go to www.trappertrails.org to see more about the exciting projects at our camping properties!
- Held the first ever Cub Scout Little Philmont at Camp Fife with over 650 Scout leaders in attendance.
- Hired a new Hispanic Emphasis Director to strengthen our council’s reach into this important growing community in our area.
- And so much more!
Scouting is alive and well in the Trapper Trails Council. Our quality programs efforts are improving each year, with an eye towards innovation and also respect for the traditions that make Scouting so memorable. We also are focused on what our mission is – to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. With your continued support, I know 2015 is going to be another great year. I hope to see you frequently along The Scouting Trail. (Also on our blog: www.thescoutingtrail.org)